Thursday, September 16, 2021

Making A Poi

In this blog post I am going to tell you how to make a poi.

  1. Braid three ribbons together. Make sure there is some ribbon left at the end so you can tie it around the poi stuffing.
  2. Get a plate, lay it on some fabric and cut around the outside of it.
  3. Get some stuffing (we used an old pillow) and place it in the middle of the fabric circle. 
  4. Tie the end of the braided ribbon around the stuffing.
  5. Wrap the fabric around the stuffing then get some string. Tie it around the fabric to make sure the stuffing stays in the poi. 
Here is my poi!

2 comments:

  1. Ka pai te mahi Noah! Your poi looks awesome. I like that you have added instructions of how you made your poi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Noah!

    Well done on these instructions. I think they are pretty good. I like they way you have set it up with the numbered steps, and I like that you have a picture of the finished product.

    I think the only thing that I would ask, is if you could be a little more specific with how much ribbon I needed and how big my plate needs to be.

    Great work with your poi!

    ReplyDelete